The Aero-8 Flying Club, of Canute Air Park, Ashingdon,
Essex, was formed in October 1935 by Mervyn G. Chadwick and Raymond Gordon as both a flying club and an organisation to
construct the Mignet Pou-du-Ciel (Flying Flea). They produced a heavily modified version of the Flying Flea, featuring
a streamlined fuselage designed by Sydney Charles George Buszard (b. 24 May 1912, Hampstead, London - d.
May 1998, Hillingdon, Middlesex), which first flew in May, 1936. An attempt to fly the channel in it was aborted and interest
in the machine waned.
Lacking success with the Flea, Chadwick and Gordon formed a new company, Premier Aircraft Constructions Ltd to develop the Gordon Dove, also designed by Buszard.
The club ceased operation in late 1936.
- The Aeroplane, 8
- British Light Aeroplanes, Arthur W.J.G. Ord-Hume (GMS Enterprises, 2000
| || || Flying Flea|| || 1936|| || Proto|| 1|| 1S, 1E microlight|| 1,2,3|
- Air Britain Archive
Magazine, 1998/3 (Air-Britain Publications)
- Flight Magazine, April 16, 1936
- Aeroplane Monthly
One aircraft only : G-AEFW, c/n A8 CB.1
Total Aero-8 Production 1
Britain Archive Magazine, 1998/3 (Air-Britain Publications)